just keep that one. Rob is 30-something, Peter is 40-something and Jeremy has reached full retirement age. I wonder how much Wii Social Security is........it's probably bankrupt!We've been having a good time with the Wii. Peter was the first to reach Pro status, in bowling. He lost it today in a sour game, but I'm sure he'll get it back soon. Rob is a Pro boxer, but I can probably still knock him out. I haven't tried since I KO'd him 6 times in a row 2 weeks ago and threw out my back -- TOTALLY worth it!!! Another 1 or 2 trips to the chiropractor and I should be fine!
I'm posting a few more New Year's Trip photos. The first is of the GIANT pots @ the Irvine Spectrum. I remember how amazed Cindy was when she saw them. After living here for a couple of years, they do seem kind of amazing. One day we had breakfast @ Norm's -- nothing like a healthy start! Then we saw Bolt in 3-D @ the Spectrum. The matinee prices were $12.25 and $11.50 for the kids! Matinee!!! Gees!!! Then we rode the ferris wheel at the Spectrum -- the one we used to have in our condo view. Side note -- our condo is now worth only slightly more than we paid for it i
n 1999 -- OUCH!!!!Anyway after a lovely dinner @ Islands (aka the Wiki Tiki restaurant), we took the kids to Krispy Kreme. As you can see, they loved it! Of course, we got enough extra donuts so that we wouldn't have to buy breakfast on Sunday am.......
After the New Year's Trip, I was home for 5 days and the went back to LA for work. As I was following the snow plow out to the airport at O-dark hundred at some hideous temperature, I thought I might be crazy. OK -- I might be, but events later in the week confirmed that snow in your crocs is not the worst thing in the world. Actually, I found a pair of "winter crocs" @ Disneyland -- no holes on the side and they have fuzzy lining. So -- that Wednesday, we had a meeting at 3:00. We knew that there had been a tanker truck accident on the 210 that morning, so we left shortly before 2:00 instead of our planned 2:30. We even had a side streets route so that we would avoid the 210. At 2:45, we weren't even halfway there (it's only 25 miles). So, we called and said we'd be a "bit" late. At 3:30 we'd only made it another 5 miles -- still 10 miles to go. The meeting got canceled at that point. So we looked around one of our other properties for 10 minutes since we
were in the area and then went back to the office. Got back to the office at 4:15. We were so frazzled that we decided to call it a day. I ordered some take-out and headed to my hotel -- which is only 5 miles from the office. Well, the stupid 210 was still shut down -- the tanker truck was filled with asphalt paving oil and had spilled into the sewer or some such catastrophic thing. At 5:00 I called the restaurant back and said that I'd probably be another 15 minutes and to please keep my dinner warm. I should have just parked the car then and walked......I didn't make it the last mile for another 45 minutes!!!!!!!!! They finally cleared out the stupid truck (13 hours AFTER the blasted accident). Two minutes after the radio station announced that the 210 was open, they came back on and said that there was another accident at the SAME SPOT which totally shut down the 210 AGAIN!!!!! The traffic photo is of the infamous 210 about 15 miles from the accident. I took the photo at about 9, after eating my cold dinner and working out. You can see that the Westbound traffic is moving pretty quick and the Eastbound is lots of red lights not moving very fast. I tried to get one short enough so that you could read the logo on the Fed-Ex truck, but I couldn't get enough light on the really short exposures. Just know that I futzed around for about 10 minutes while the Fed-Ex truck was in view. A few miscellaneous rants:
- When did K-Earth start playing 80's music? Air Supply??? Really! I like them, but even I know they aren't classic rock! 80's!! Come on!!! K-Earth is the Oldies station!
- Why can't I listen to the radio on my iPod? Transistor radios have been around for decades? Why didn't Apple figure that out?
- Does Jay Leno have any jokes that don't slam George Bush? Jay has jumped the shark. It was time for him to move-on a year ago -- get Conan moved over already. Hey -- at least next year when Jay is clogging up a prime time slot I'll be guaranteed a perfect hour every day for Wii.
- I figured out that the entire taped shows of the Biggest Loser are taped before any of them air. So, the producers have the whole story line laid out when they decide what to air and they are deliberately trying to skew the results. Grrr -- I'm starting to think perhaps Vicki wasn't as evil as they made her seem last season. Ok -- I'm sure she's obnoxious, but she probably has 1 or 2 redeeming qualities. Yes, I know -- that's uncharacteristically generous of me. I'll get over it.....
I usually don't comment on politics since I assume that everyone knows what I think (cut taxes and quit wasting my money on stupid crap), but I heard this anonymous quote today and had to share it:
1.5 million people attended the inauguration. 14 missed work.


3 comments:
That quote is funny. I'd like to ruffle some feathers with it on my messageboard, but I'll wait for a particularly snarky day.
I can't believe the 210 was so deceitfully annoying. It is my favorite freeway in the greater LA area. And the only thing worse than cold food is working out. I miss Krisy Kreme... a lot. Maybe next time you can ship some to me... right there from CA. We haven't broken down and bought a Wii yet, maybe post law school.
The kids are cute as ever. Abby misses her CA cousins. Hopefully we will see you more this summer. PS I need some black ink for my stamps... I promise to pay for it if you'll ever tell me how much I owe you.
Hey! It's Megan, Ricky's wife! Thanks for the Christmas card with allusion to the blog. We can keep in touch better, I think.
The boys are getting HUGE! Seems so crazy, considering how little Peter was when we got married.
Our blog is www.mickandregan.blogspot.com
come visit!
It sounds like the new year has brought a lot for your family. I need to find out my Wii age!
Post a Comment