Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween Pox!

So, on Nov 1st, Rob got this funky rash. We didn't think much of it, since it started to go away. But, just when the spots went away, a whole new itchy batch showed up. Turns out that it's Chicken Pox! Ha! Yeah, so he was contagious 2 days BEFORE the first pox showed up, including the 2 hours he spent wandering around with our kids AND the neighbors' trick-or-treating! And at Bev's party. I'm amazed at how many people had their kids vaccinated. Rob is currently on wave 4 of the pox. Apparently when an adult gets it after having it as a kid, it can go on for a couple of weeks. Our kids have been vaccinated, but if that doesn't work, they could see pox just in time for Thanksgiving.

This is Peter at 18 months. I made the costume for his first Halloween, but it was WAY too big. I did NOT make Pooh's costume. Jeremy never wore this costume -- he was too big for it for his first Halloween at 12 months.....

The second photo is our bathroom -- in the basement!!!! We have connected plumbing!!! Yaaaa!!!!!!!!! It still needs a little work, but it's got tile, fixtures and a door! Hopefully the ceiling tiles will show up soon. I put some gold paint in the topcoat of the venetian plaster -- it glitters a bit. The floor is a little intense -- gives you slight vertigo. I thought about getting a glow-in-the-dark additive for the grout, but that may have been over the top. I still think we should get a fish-n-flush. www.fishnflush.com I haven't been able to talk Rob into it yet. Hmmm -- maybe Santa will bring one......I'll have to think about that while I try out the jets in my tub this weekend.

Why do I always find typos AFTER I publish the post? Really, I use the spell check, preview, etc. Then I post & check to see how it looks and BOOM there's grammar errors up the wazoo! Spell checker does NOT have a problem w/ 'wazoo', but it doesn't like 'topcoat'. What gives?

2 comments:

Rachel Harlin said...

Spell check, while wonderful, is just another inconvinience of modern technology! It makes us lazy! I have the same problem, though spell check likes nothing I spell. Oh, well. And those of us like me, don't really notice all the grammatical errors, so your post looked great! (And so does the bathroom!)

Amy said...

Too bad about the chicken pox. I hope you don't end up with shingles again. You know it is from the same virus, right?

I like the toilet, although I must admit it would be hard to do my business in a toilet like that. It would have to be a #1 toilet only for me!