Thursday, August 6, 2009

What time zone is it anyway???

We did indeed make it back from Florida & we've finally caught up on the sleep/jet-lag, etc. By the time school starts in 2 weeks, hopefully the kids will know what time zone they are in! I haven't downloaded the rest of the photos and videos, yet, but I did order the Photopass with all 200 photos from Disneyland & Disneyworld (so behind on the Scrapbooking now!!!) Now that we are all sleeping in the basement (except for Grandma who has her own suite upstairs), my craft/sewing room is shaping up in what used to be Peter & Jeremy's room upstairs. Rob hung my TV up on the wall. That means that I could put my printer/scanner on the craftsman tools chest which holds my wooden stamps (was on clearance in the scratch & dent section). So I scanned in the actual photographs we got at Disneyworld. The first one is from the Expedition Everest ride at Animal Kingdom. It's kind of like the Big Thunder Mountain ride on steriods w/ the Matterhorn monster thrown in for good measure. The couple in front is obviously freaked out. Rob is holding onto what he thinks is going to be his new backpacking hat (until I tell everyone he bought his "backpacking" hat at Disneyworld). Peter is still trying to convince himself that this ride really doesn't have a loop in it and yes, I am holding onto my tiara. Really, if you've spent $9.95 for a tiara, that is the only sensible thing to do.
The next photos are from lunch inside Cinderella's castle. You take photos with Cinderella before lunch & then some of the other princesses come & visit during lunch. Did I mention that Cinderella's castle is ginormous! This was really good food -- the food in Florida was really, really good. Le Chefs de France was fabulous. However, it was beaten by the Yak & Yeti restaurant in Animal Kingdom. Surprising. I would not have predicted that -- we almost didn't try the Yak & Yeti. Le Chefs de France was as great as we remembered, but Yak & Yeti was even better.
I've already looked on-line for the Mango Pie recipe and been unable to find it, so I'm going to have to start experimenting, because I'm not going back to Florida anytime soon and I'm going to need Mango Pie pretty quick. It was a creamy mango custard in graham cracker crust - very simple, but oooooh -- really, really good. It had just a hint of lime in it.......mmmm mango pie......the mango pie was better than the key lime pie and any of the chocolate desserts we had there, which were numerous!
The last photo is from the Space Center. We did this the last time with the four of us. We just had to drag Grandma into it. I think the photographer liked Grandma -- he "touched up" in quite a few places for her!

Anyway, the space center tour was a really good time. This time we went on the tour that took us up to the launching pads & the runway. We drove right up to the runway & and the runway is so long you literally can't see from one end to the other. We also got to get out at the Vehicle Assembly Building which we never got to do before. We didn't see many gators this trip -- it was too dang hot for them!

OK -- I'll see if I can get the video downloaded next time -- I think Rob has 3 hours of gorilla video. The one was ready to jump the moat & take him out!

No comments: