Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Little Update

Yes, I know the title is lame. Hey -- it's like Conan says, the blog is free!! What did you expect?
You want quality, send in a check for $10, then you can complain about quality!

OK -- So it's not ALL about Princess Stephanie -- CLOSE!!!!

We had a good brief visit w/ Nate, Amy, Abby & Iris -- she's going to be trouble that little Iris!!! No fear!

So, I was 7 when Bev went to the Y. When that happened, the dinner yell went from "Boys & girls it's time for dinner!" to "Boys, it's time for dinner!!!" I distinctly remember that on a weird day when I was 13 and I got a perm that Dad noticed that I wasn't technically a "boy" and the dinner discussion was whether or not the dinner yell needed to be changed. The next the day I washed my hair and it fell out & I got a refund and a new perm which also fell out as well as the third perm -- yup that's 3 Saturdays down the drain -- thanks for stealing ALL the naturally curly hair genes Cliff, Paul, Willy and Nate!) The dinner yell stayed @ Boys only & I was quite OK with that. I still tried multiple other attempts at curling my hair over the years with limited success. My hair will curl, but only until it gets moist & then it's straight. Sigh! I'm not sharing this so that you'll feel sorry for me, it is what it is, but more so that you'll understand why I'm enjoying the Princess Stephanie aspect so much. Even though I am still well under 40 and I do mean, WELL UNDER, yes, WELL UNDER!!!! -- stop laughing!!! I do not think I'll have a daughter, so I'm enjoying this moment to enjoy my niece! Be warned The Disney photographer took several dozen photographs of the fairy god-mothers in training process, plus we visited Pixie Hollow and Tinkerbell got all confused because she thought Peter was Peter Pan. Jeremy had to set her straight. Princess Stephanie and I added frames to the digital photos yesterday while on the train up from San Diego. I expect that the CD will arrive sometime in early August, so they should show up on the blog in a later post -- just a little something to look forward to!!!!! I know you are excited!!!!!

We talked to Crush in the Animation building. He's the Daddy sea turtle from Finding Nemo -- he's got a special microphone & camera that let's him talk to families in Anaheim from the EAC. No, he's not on Twitter yet. Anyway, Jeremy was wearing his paper crown from eating lunch at Ariel's grotto. Crush asked to talk to him first, asked him his name & where he was from. Since he was wearing a crown, Crush pronounced him Prince Jeremy, King of Wyoming -- very funny! Then he wanted to talk to Jeremy's parental unit, so he got to talk to Rob, which was also hilarious as expected!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like you are enjoying CA. I think best way to appreciate CA is from a distance. Iris is definitely scary. Not only is she way more fearless than Abby, but she is just as strong-willed and independent. Oh well.

And my hair won't keep curl either.

coco bean said...

Can't wait!