Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Are We There Yet?

So, last Tuesday we had the great Mother-in-law relay!!! Rob's brother brought Beryl up to Salt Lake & we drove down on Tuesday to pick her up. The idea was that on Wednesday we'd have a nice leisurely trip back. We did make it down right on time Tuesday, had dinner w/ Nate & Amy, the boys swam in the pool at the hotel & we picked up Beryl late Tuesday.

Wednesday, we slept in a bit. I was up late working on some reports that had to be emailed by 8 am. We ate breakfast downstairs & made it out of the hotel by 10am. Since we were staying downtown, we thought we'd drive past the Temple. Then since we were there, we thought we'd get out and walk around a bit. Oh and our Home Depot was out of the flooring we wanted for the basement, so I looked up a store close to the 15 so we could stop there. Apparently, our flooring choice is very popular & they only had one box. But they told Rob of another store that had tons, not TOO far away.....so the flooring thing ended up taking an hour +. By this time, everyone was hungry for lunch, so we stopped for lunch. Then, we headed north on the 15, because I wanted to get some cherries & maybe raspberries. We did find some of both -- Yaaa!!! By then we were almost to Logan. On the map, it looks pretty easy to keep going North, catch the 30 and get into Wyoming through Kemmerer. If they hadn't been doing construction all over that route, it might not have been too bad. By the time we got into Wyoming around 5:00, Beryl wanted to know if we were close! Once we got onto the normal route, we made pretty good time. Rob thought raspberries were going everywhere -- only partly true! Just when we were at the Goose Egg, this giant deer appeared in the middle of the road! Beryl woke up to the car swerving & Rob swearing. Luckily, the deer went to the other side of the rode (and probably got squished by the semi coming the other way). We finally made it home about midnight. So that's 14 hours for a 7 hour drive, all without any mechanical difficulties or weather delays! Oh, and we took my little greet hornet, so it was nice & cozy all 14 hours!

Friday am we golfed, bright & early! Here's some sounds effects: Rob -- "Where did it go?", "Where did that one go?", "Where is Jeremy's driver?", "Splash", "This isn't my ball out here!", "I'll never find it!", "I'm going to start using Jeremy's balls since I'm out", "Splash". We made it through 9 holes, but I've only included sound effects for the first 4 holes. It's really easy to tell when Peter hits a good one -- you hear this little "hee, hee, hee".

I've also decided that I'm not required to post current photos. So this time, I just picked a couple that go along w/ the car theme.

No comments: