Thursday, July 24, 2008

Life Moves Too Fast!!!

I feel like I'm driving the Red October through Red Route 1 straight for Thor's Twins....."too fast, Katrina, too fast!!!" Why is there less than a month of summer left already? How did my Peter Peanut get to be 8? And did Jeremy really grow 3 inches in the last week? At least they had navigation charts on the Red October! (hum men's chorus music here......)

Rob has been working with Peter on his final Wolf requirements. For their outdoor cooking requirement, Peter cooked steak & hot dogs! They were darn good! Spiderman helped Mom supervise the operation. Actually Dad was supervising, so Spiderman must have been managing. That makes me Vice President, which works out fine because Vice Presidents never have to do any real work.....

Hey -- we are going to Boston in a couple of weeks -- anyone been there? Got any ideas about stuff to do? I've got software training for a couple of days, but I'll have a couple of days to see sights. Hopefully Rob & Beryl won't get lost or tossed in the harbor while I'm in the blasted training classes.....

I don't want to disappoint, so I do have a gripe for the week. Actually, I've got several this week, but I don't feel like writing about all of them. So here's the funny one. We found this magic flooring -- it's inexpensive, looks good and easy to install. Plus it just came out in a couple of new textures/colors that look really, really good. So, we thought we'd get that for the basement. This is the same flooring of the mother-in-law relay post. We put in all the flooring we got in Utah and needed more. Our HD was supposed to have it in last week on the 15th, then the 21st, then 22nd.....then they said we might want to go to Cheyenne or Gillette! Crazy -- yup! So yesterday we got up WAY too early & took off for Gillette sometime before sunrise, bought two pallets of the magic floor, loaded it up in the car (NOT the gas guzzling suburban) and got home about 9:30 am. The folks in Gillette were nice enough to knock $50 off the price, since our store could have had HD transfer the magic flooring down here at no cost to us! Anyway so we've got all the magic floor we need now -- it is really, really fabulous! So, our HD needs to keep the magic floor in stock and learn how to do a store transfer for gosh sakes!

I tried to get Jeremy to do some Kung Fu poses, but apparently SpiderMan doesn't do that. Oh, if you are wondering, these photos were NOT all taken on the same day. Right now Jeremy is usually Spiderman or Batman, sometimes with a light saber. After all, the light saber is the weapon of choice for the modern superhero, no matter what the comic books say!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I have been sporadicially stalking (by definition can a stalker be sporadic?) Kelly Walsh's 20th reunion page to see if I could find your contact information..and today..jackpot. YEAH, and now I know your last name as well...how exciting is that? :-)

Anyway, I made a new year's resolution to look up five friend's that I wish I hadn't lost contact with over the years. You're my third success! I feel sneeky reading your blog so that I already know what you've been up to. I would love to get back in touch and hear about the last 20 years.

Stephanie Auger-Noble