I also dug up a photo of me w/ Steph's Mom. She always had the BEST hair! Anyway, I'm way excited that Steph found me after 20 years!!!! We're trying to figure out a peach expedition, since she lives near a peach source.
Last Saturday was a big day -- Peter was baptized! Yaaa! We also got up at the crack of dawn to see the balloons. The crack of dawn is anything earlier than 9 am, but this time we were out of the house by 6! All of us!!! Anyway, the balloons just sat around because there was absolutely no wind for about half an hour. It was hilarious -- a bunch of giant balloons all bunched up together like ginormous grapes. Then when the breeze picked up a bit, it went West instead of East so the balloons started going the wrong way!
Peter doesn't like cake or ice cream. Ice cream is too cold and squishy and the frosting on cake is too squishy. He has texture issues w/ squishy things. In past years, I've made some pretty elaborate cakes. At one of his parties, Rachel asked me if Rob made the cake or we bought it......I'm choosing to take that as a compliment. Anyway, so this year, I thought it was silly to make a cake for a birthday boy who doesn't like cake. So, we made an Indiana Jonesish Rice Krispie birthday structure. Tasted good but looks funky. I used marshmallow fluff for the glue. There were a couple of treasure boxes filled w/ caramel chips. The cousins only found their way into one of those.....insert evil laughter here.........Grandma Snyder made a tiki statue that looked like a lava
sculpture Rob's Grandma got in Hawaii around the beginning of time. Rob made a giant boulder and other assorted pieces. I made the 8 looking thingy. I probably should have thought out the structure a little better -- Rice Krispie Treats are not as structurally sound as they look -- the 8 kept tipping and sagging. And the marshmallow fluff glue dripped everywhere! It's hard to see in the photo, but trust me, it tasted good. I think most of it has been eaten now -- and NOT by me!!!Peter had a great weekend! He loved getting baptized, seeing all the cousins & getting tons of attention at Primary. He gave a talk on Sunday too!


5 comments:
Ok, the picture is hilarious...was that the talent show we did when we were 4th years? Cause really I can't see myself packing a belt like that for camping..or maybe I was more of a fashionista in my earlier years than I realized. The one of my mom is classic, Linda...she says hi by the way.
I still like to pretend I'm French on occasion, my English accent has improved after living there..but I don't even attempt John's Scottish accent and yet when I come home from spending a week or two over there, I totally rock the Scottish thing...
Glad I found you,
Steph
The cake thing was a great idea! My kids don't really like cake either, but they would love the rice krispie thing. It looks like it was a lot of fun. And I've always wanted to see the air balloons but we either don't know about it until too late, are out of town, or can't get up early enough. It looks like you guys had a busy but fun week!
I tried leaving you a comment, but I don't know what happened. So if this is posted twice, I'm sorry. But it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I would love to see the hot air balloons, but maybe someday!
What a weekend! Congrats to Peter, and I love the rice crispies idea. Carson really liked seeing the pictures of the balloons.
Hey, this is the mom with the good hair. Thank you. I think that was my natural color. Not anymore. The 80s were not so long ago. Now the 60s were the ancient times. So good to hear about you and your family. Come see us if you get to Denver. We have much room and call our selves a bed and breakfast for family and friends
Post a Comment