Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa, teeth and a dead tree


Peter and Jeremy had a great time talking to Santa at his D-land cabin. Santa talked to them for quite a while. A few days after we got home, Peter remembered some things he forgot to tell Santa, so he had to write a traditional letter. He’s not sure if that will work.

Jeremy lost his first two teeth. The first one the day after he turned five and the second one the day after! He’s getting so big!

Jeremy picks up some pretty interesting things in pre-school. They are working really hard on letters and sounds. He doesn’t seem to understand the concepts of “starts with”. However, when we were decorating the tree, I asked him to do something and he said, “Yes, Ma’am!” Well, Rob decided that if I could get Yes Ma’ams, then he could get Yes Sirs. I think he must have heard this in pre-school, because he hasn’t heard it here!

Our apple tree got run over the other night. It started snowing Tuesday and the doofus brains all decided to converge on the school parking lot across the street. We kept calling the police, but they kept missing the antics. Well, the third doofus brain spun cookies in the parking lot and then as he was leaving, he blew past the stop sign and didn’t stop until he’d snapped our apple tree in half! Grrr! At least he didn’t hit the house. It turns out that he’s 16 and lives down the street. I’m still trying to decide whether to just file a claim against his insurance or call his parents and arrange to have him dig a new whole for a new tree in May. I’d like to buy one of those reindeer lawn ornaments, cut the legs off and put the legs hoofs up in front of the dead tree. The problem is that I can’t get Rob on board.


So, if you have better ideas for using a dead apple tree in a slightly twisted Holiday sort of way, let me know. I've got to figure out how to make Rob think that it's his idea and then he'll do it. I keep trying to get him to hang the tree upside down from the ceiling, but he won't go for it. It would be great -- no need to rearrange the furniture, cat can't bat ornaments off the tree or climb it, more room for presents, etc.


OK -- so the spell-checker doesn't have any issues w/ "doofus" or "hange"? Why do I bother? Hange?!? Want to know what the spell-checker doesn't like? Contractions and "street"! Grrrr, ..now I understand why Rob's stuff has so many typos -- the spell-checker can't spell either! Whoever programmed the darn thing has got to be related somehow. Maybe through the group that escaped to Mexico in 1900's. I used to think they fled to Canada or Mexico to avoid the anti-polygamists. Now I'm starting to believe they took off to escape the tyranny of spelling bees!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your poor tree. I don't have any ideas, but yours seems pretty funny. I can't believe Jeremy lost his first teeth. Abby's just lost that one and the others are stubbornly holding on. So did he get $100 for his tooth;)

Michelle said...

Too bad about the tree! Sounds like a funny idea. I don't like spell checker either. Have a Merry Christmas!